Hello friends, as you know, now it has become mandatory to remove Microsoft Office and use LibreOffice for practical in CCC, so in LibreOffice today we will give an introduction about Writer, you must read it completely so that you can understand the software.
so let’s start Introduction To LibreOffice Writer | Writer Word Processing for CCC
What is LibreOffice?
LibreOffice is an open source software. It is made from C++ XML and JAVA language. It is similar to the office package in which we used to use MS Word, similarly it has now been renamed as Writer. Which you can also download (Click Here to Go LibreOffice Download Page) and yes, to install it, it is mandatory to have Service Pack 1 or 2 in your computer, otherwise it will not install. So let’s start the introduction.
Note: Just like Microsoft Office, it also has an introduction, there are some changes in it, which you must read till the last.
We have done the user interface here in 9 parts and going to tell about the same.
- Title Bar
- Close/Minimize/Maximize/Restore Down
- Menu Bar/Tab
- Close Document
- Ribbon/Standard Toolbar
- Ruler Bar
- Scroll Bar
- Sidebar Setting
- Status Bar
Introduction to LibreOffice Writer
- Title Bar: The name of your file is shown in this bar which is at the top of the software. If you do not save the file, then untitled1 will be written, as soon as you save with any name, instead of untitled1, your written file name starts appearing.
- Close / Minimize / Maximize / Restore Down: As you would know about its work, if you still do not know then read. Close Close is used to close any application. Minimize means to minimize, its work is to minimize any software and bring it to the task bar. Maximize Its job is to make the software Full Screen. Restore Down Its work is to keep it slightly smaller than full screen.
- Menu Bar / Tab: It is known as the menu bar or tab, in which commands related to formatting are given. Which we can use by opening it according to our own. The menus given in this are as follows- File, Edit, View, Insert, Format, Style, Table, Form, Tools, Windows, Help.
- Close Document is used to close the open document. This is different from the clause mentioned above. The function of Close is to close the software and the function of Close Document is to close only the document.
- Ribbon / Standard Toolbar / Formatting The upper part of the ruler is called the ribbon and in this ribbon there is a standard tool bar and a formatting tool bar, such as inserting a new page, opening an existing file, saving, printing, exporting, etc. Options are given. Formatting Tool Bar is given to set the styles related to paragraphs, such as bold, italic, underline, font color, text alignment, etc. are used to make the document attractive.
- Ruler Bar is used to set the page margin in the document and can also see the page width.
- Scroll Bar You must have known the work of scroll bar, still see. It is used to move the page up and down. It is of two types, one horizontal and one vertical. The work of vertical is to move the page up and down and the work of horizontal is used to move the page right and left.
- Side Bar Setting which is given in the command menu, the same command is given in the form of shortcut on the right side.
- Status Bar In this bar, you can see the settings related to the page, which is as follows – how much page has been taken, as well as how many words have been typed, how many characters, and the page has been given to zoom in and zoom out. In this, you can also set how the page is displayed and you can also see in which language your user interface is, as it is written in the above image English (USA).
I hope you would have liked this article, if you have got a little help from this article, then do tell us by commenting and support our YouTube channel.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?